Spring Break 2012 was AMAZING! A good friend from college called me a several months earlier and told me that she would be out in Utah for General Conference. While in college, we had made a memorable trip to conference. It only seemed appropriate that we relive those days almost 10 years later. Conference was very enjoyable. We was able to attend the Saturday Afternoon Session and the Sunday Morning Session.
 |
| Beautiful Conference Saturday in SLC! |
After spending the weekend in SLC, we drove down to the Orem/Provo area. We stopped by to see the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was amazing because looking out at the valley from the temple you could see two other temple!
I spent Sunday evening at my brother's house babysitting my niece. :) We made cookies and had an enjoyable evening together. Monday morning we woke up and made delicious big pancakes. After eating our scrumptious breakfast, we then went for a hike in Provo Canyon with one of my friends from Virginia who was now living in SLC.
 |
| Isn't she adorable?!!! |
 |
| I love her outfit! |
 |
| Bridal Veil Fall |
 |
| Not a bad picture considering a 4 year old took it. |
After hiking, I went back to BYU to relive some more memories. The Wilk seemed just the sames as it did 8 years ago, except that the students all seem significantly younger. We shopped around at the BYU bookstore, walked around campus, and acted like we were students again. Only difference was I had my 4 year old niece who was running around with us.
That evening I met up with all my college friends who were living in the area. We went out to eat and then went and got some Red Mango. After eating, we went and watch home videos. They were hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
 |
| Such a good time! |
Brighton was calling us to come skiing on Tuesday. It was so nice to be up in the mountains and enjoying the beautiful scenery. It had been some time since I'd been skiing and but once I got the hang of it again, there was no stopping me. It was super enjoyable and amazing weather. The slopes weren't so bad. As the day went progressed, the snow did turn to slush and the skiing wasn't as great. It felt great to be skiing again.
 |
| We looked good skiing! Almost as good as we did back in College. |
After skiing, I went back to Provo and have a lovely dinner with another friend from Virginia, who was now living in Utah. We spent a great evening together.
Wednesday, I was babysitting my niece again before heading to Saint George to visit my other brother's family. We had great fun on Wednesday. We went to a park and feed the ducks, played on the playground and enjoyed life. We met up with my youngest brother to go see a movie and then get some Jamba Juice. It was an awesome day. I love spending time with my niece because she has such an excitement for life.
 |
| Eating an early Easter snack from Grandma |
 |
| Feeding the Ducks (or attempting to) |
It was a quick trip to Saint George but totally fun and worth it to see my other nieces, sister-in-law, and brother. They were having an art festival in St. George that we were able to go. The girls all got to make some crafts and get their face painted.
 |
| Love these two! |
 |
| Getting some food at Sammy's in Provo. |
 |
| She was a little cold and decided to wear my jacket. |
Friday Night, I met up with more friends from BYU. We talked, reminisced, played the guitar, and had an enjoyable evening.
Saturday Morning Breakfast at Kneader's with Langleyites! It was so good to see them all!
Saturday my BFF got married! It really happened. They were both so happy!
 |
| Presenting Mr. & Mrs. Dees! |
 |
| SLC looks beautiful at night! |
The trip was great. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go back and visit again.
Comments