* As a side note* I love Bree and think she's amazing. She can sing, play the guitar, piano and drums, and she writes her own songs (even has her own CD). She wrote me a song years ago! She's also amazing at any sports she plays, especially frisbee though. In addition to this, Bree is just so fun to hang out with.
So Bree invited me to come up and join her for her first YSA dance after the mission. Since, I love YSA dances ( I actually can't stand them...i really just love Bree), I said I would go. So, after work on Friday, I dressed up and drove 2 hours up to York, PA.
This dance had to be one of the most entertaining YSA dances I've ever been to. Let's talk about a the oddest combination of people in the world all thrown together. I couldn't resist documenting it with pictures. (Though I still believe my first dance home after the mission may have been worse and why i don't like dances and SFM, but that's a whole another story.)
Here are the highlights of the evening:
1. My new boyfriend. We danced two magical slow songs. He spent the evening talking to me about football and telling stories about being "Lost in NY" like he was Macaulay Culkin. He also questioned me all night about what I'd do after we got married. For example, one of the questions was, "What would i do if he wore a football jersey to church the day after we got married?"Don't you think he's moving a little fast?
2. The elf
3. The awkward dancing
4. Slow songs every other song - At least I got some good pictures of
5. All the "normal" guys were waiting for their mission calls and younger than my youngest brother, who has been serving on his mission for 5 months.
6. The "old" priesthood leader (probably in his 70's), who told one of the guys to take a picture our back side instead of front side.
I don't think this list does justice to the awkwardness of this dance but i think you get the picture.
I'm so glad Bree is back and I can't wait to hang out with her more. Just no more dances, please!
Comments
-Jeff