I did it!!! I went the whole year of 2008 without eating sugar! At the end of last year, my mom challenged anyone in my family to go the year without eating sugar. Now when I say "no sugar", I don't mean nothing. I mean no sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I ate fruits and other items with minimal sugar (for example - Cold cereals with 6 grams or less). I also had 3 days were i could "cheat".
So what was my motivating factor? $1,000 and the thrill of a challenge. I'm not one to pass up a challenge or a dare. My mom offered to pay $1,000 to anyone that completed the challenge. Though most people thought I was crazy, I wanted to prove I could do it.
During the first couple of months it was really hard to give up the enticing sweets and goodies offered to me on a daily basis. My dreams even began to manifest my desire to eat candy, as I was sneaking bites of candy and licks of lollipops all night. I'd wake up thinking I'd ruined the deal but then the realization that it's alright to eat sugar in your dreams comforted me.
As the months flew by, my desire to eat sugary food lessened. It was replaced with a sense of empowerment knowing that I can do things that are hard (if I want to).
Now i'm worth a grand more and pounds less! The bigger challenge this coming year will be to stop with just one bite, one cookie, or one piece of candy.
So what was my motivating factor? $1,000 and the thrill of a challenge. I'm not one to pass up a challenge or a dare. My mom offered to pay $1,000 to anyone that completed the challenge. Though most people thought I was crazy, I wanted to prove I could do it.
During the first couple of months it was really hard to give up the enticing sweets and goodies offered to me on a daily basis. My dreams even began to manifest my desire to eat candy, as I was sneaking bites of candy and licks of lollipops all night. I'd wake up thinking I'd ruined the deal but then the realization that it's alright to eat sugar in your dreams comforted me.
As the months flew by, my desire to eat sugary food lessened. It was replaced with a sense of empowerment knowing that I can do things that are hard (if I want to).
Now i'm worth a grand more and pounds less! The bigger challenge this coming year will be to stop with just one bite, one cookie, or one piece of candy.
Comments