Not even a year ago, I was totally pumped and excited about "Best Snow Day Ever". When a "Snow Day" only happens once or twice a year, it is exciting. But this year has proved my statement at the end of my blog a year ago, "I wish everyday were a snow day" incorrect.
I take it back. I'm tired of snow days. I love the snow but do we really does it have to snow this much. Since when did D.C. become the snow capital of the U.S.A.? Back in December we had a huge snowstorm and I think we all thought that we were done for the year. But we were certainly wrong about that.
Within the past week, D.C. has had 3 snowstorms. One small one to start us off, a huge one in a middle, and a big one to end things off. Once I found out that school was going to be canceled before the huge one hit, I drove up to New Jersey to visit my parents and try to get away from the snow (I'd rather be snowed in with my parents anyways). My trip to NJ ended up being longer than expected. I was home for over a week (longer than our Spring Break)!
President's Day was suppose to be a "make up" day for one of the snow days. Then they canceled it for the students because it's still unsafe. BUT the teachers still have to come into work! And now they are probably going to extend our school day to make up for the lost time.
Snow, I use to love you but now I'm changing my mind. I want my regularly scheduled life back. Though I did LOVE the time with my family!
I take it back. I'm tired of snow days. I love the snow but do we really does it have to snow this much. Since when did D.C. become the snow capital of the U.S.A.? Back in December we had a huge snowstorm and I think we all thought that we were done for the year. But we were certainly wrong about that.
Within the past week, D.C. has had 3 snowstorms. One small one to start us off, a huge one in a middle, and a big one to end things off. Once I found out that school was going to be canceled before the huge one hit, I drove up to New Jersey to visit my parents and try to get away from the snow (I'd rather be snowed in with my parents anyways). My trip to NJ ended up being longer than expected. I was home for over a week (longer than our Spring Break)!
President's Day was suppose to be a "make up" day for one of the snow days. Then they canceled it for the students because it's still unsafe. BUT the teachers still have to come into work! And now they are probably going to extend our school day to make up for the lost time.
Snow, I use to love you but now I'm changing my mind. I want my regularly scheduled life back. Though I did LOVE the time with my family!
Favorite Pictures from the Storm
I love that it looks like a couch that you just want to go sit on!
Notice that the shopping carts got plowed into the huge pile of snow!
Comments
I'm ready for a trip somewhere tropical right about now!