This weekend I was so lucky! My niece had her 2nd birthday and came to NJ to celebrate. So I drove home to spend a blissful weekend enjoying some family fun.
For her birthday, we spent the afternoon sledding at Rosedale Park. Everyone had a great time including Mom who happily gave sledding a try. We made friends with some other sledders, who let us borrow their huge snow tube. I think my brothers had the best time though. They brought the Crisco to oil up the bottom of the sled. They then sped down the hill and off the jumps to see who could get the furthest. I won't tell you who won!
After wearing ourselves out, we headed back home to rest before going to Chuck E. Cheese. It had been a long time since I'd been to Chuck E. Cheese. And for some reason, my childhood memories made it out to be a much more magical place. This place was a cheap imitation of my childhood Chuck E. Cheese fantasy. And the place crazy and overcrowded with children and families. We manage to make our way through the crowd and to the favorite ride, the Carousel!
Sunday we had another party with lots of family! Food, cake, lots of present, and fun times were had. It was sad to say goodbye to my family but especially my niece. Hopefully she'll have another great year and we can celebrate again in a year!
Comments