Today, I'm grateful for doctors and the technology that has been created within the field of medicine. Many of you may or may not know this, but the past five months I've felt pretty miserable (I hide it well most days). I've been having several health issues and the doctors have been trying to figure out what is wrong. Last Friday, I had an endoscopy, where they looked at my esophagus and stomach. I have some cool pictures of my insides now. They found a hiatal hernia and what they thought might be Barrett's Esophagus. But the biopsy came back negative for Barrett's. This means that if I continue on the medication and take care of myself, I should be fine. She said it was good I caught it so early because it would have progressed to cancer or bigger problems. SO, thank you, Doctors, for helping me get better.
Bree and I have been friends for a while now. Our friendship began when we were roommates at BYU after meeting our freshmen years (over a decade ago!). She just returned home from serving a mission in Spokane, Washington and it had been a long time since I'd seen her. We've shared some fun times together over the years and I couldn't wait to see her again. * As a side note* I love Bree and think she's amazing. She can sing, play the guitar, piano and drums, and she writes her own songs (even has her own CD). She wrote me a song years ago! She's also amazing at any sports she plays, especially frisbee though. In addition to this, Bree is just so fun to hang out with. So Bree invited me to come up and join her for her first YSA dance after the mission. Since, I love YSA dances ( I actually can't stand them...i really just love Bree), I said I would go. So, after work on Friday, I dressed up and drove 2 hours up to York, PA. This dance had to be one of the most ...
Comments
I guess we're getting to the age where things happen, huh? . . . like Eric and his skin cancer. Eek.