Skip to main content

Not Just another Manic Monday...

...that I wish was Sunday.  It was Columbus Day! This meant that after spending an exciting weekend enjoying Lake Anna with some friends, I got another day to enjoy life. Which is exactly what I did.

I love hiking and I'm always looking for good places to hike out here in the Virginia area. I'd heard about Sugarloaf Mountain and thought that this might be the perfect opportunity to go explore. So I found some friends to come with me and headed up to Maryland. It was a beautiful day for hiking and I quite enjoyed the hike and the company.

Getting ready for our hike!
We made it to the top...it was only a quarter of a mile. :)





I took this picture while hiking...I like that we are hiking in a nice straight line.

I found a big pile of rocks!

I had to climb the big pile of rocks.



Community Apple...we all had a bite of this nice Honey Crisp Apple...delicious!


Beautiful Fall Foliage!


Loved finding a Volkswagon logo lodged between the trees.

We finished the hike. :)



Beautiful scenery, great company, and good times. I can't think of a better way to spend my Columbus Day. Thank you, Columbus, for a day off work instead of a Manic Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bree's Back and She's Better then Ever!

Bree and I have been friends for a while now. Our friendship began when we were roommates at BYU after meeting our freshmen years (over a decade ago!). She just returned home from serving a mission in Spokane, Washington and it had been a long time since I'd seen her. We've shared some fun times together over the years and I couldn't wait to see her again. * As a side note* I love Bree and think she's amazing. She can sing, play the guitar, piano and drums, and she writes her own songs (even has her own CD). She wrote me a song years ago! She's also amazing at any sports she plays, especially frisbee though. In addition to this, Bree is just so fun to hang out with. So Bree invited me to come up and join her for her first YSA dance after the mission. Since, I love YSA dances ( I actually can't stand them...i really just love Bree), I said I would go. So, after work on Friday, I dressed up and drove 2 hours up to York, PA. This dance had to be one of the most ...

I'm Worth a Grand More and Pounds Less

I did it!!! I went the whole year of 2008 without eating sugar! At the end of last year, my mom challenged anyone in my family to go the year without eating sugar. Now when I say "no sugar", I don't mean nothing. I mean no sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I ate fruits and other items with minimal sugar (for example - Cold cereals with 6 grams or less). I also had 3 days were i could "cheat". So what was my motivating factor? $1,000 and the thrill of a challenge . I'm not one to pass up a challenge or a dare. My mom offered to pay $1,000 to anyone that completed the challenge. Though most people thought I was crazy, I wanted to prove I could do it. During the first couple of months it was really hard to give up the enticing sweets and goodies offered to me on a daily basis. My dreams even began to manifest my desire to eat candy, as I was sneaking bites of candy and licks of lollipops all night. I'd wake up thinking I'd ruined the deal but then the rea...

Kansas City Temple Dedication

I have this fabulous friend that lives in Manhattan, Kansas going to Kansas State University. I have been really wanting to visit her for some time and I finally made it happen! The Kansas City Temple was going to be dedicated the first weekend in May and so what better time for me to come out. Friday Night, we went to a Jamaican restaurant in Manhattan. (Yes, they had one there...not expecting that!) You really felt like you were in Jamaica until you stepped out of the restaurant and realized you were in Manhattan, Kansas. After dinner, we went for a walk in Aggieville. The hang out olace in town. Yes, it was only 3 blocks long. We got ice cream sandwiches from Cold Stone. They were delicious and spent some time at one of the local bars until I got too tired and we decided to call it a night. Saturday Morning, we went walking around her neighborhood. The weather was amazing! Then we headed back to Kansas City for the cultural event. Along the way we...