So like every beginning of the school year (except for last year when I decided to go to Peru the first week of school), this year has been like any other beginning of the school year.
The students are always excited to reunite with their previous teachers. Since I taught 3rd grade last year and this year I'm teaching 4th grade, I see the same students all day long. It's great because they are all excited to see me and tell me about their adventures this summer.
They are still questioning when I'll get married.Since many of the teachers in the school got married over the summer, they all questioned when I was going to get married! But they also told me not to change my name because they liked it. Gotta love kids!
I was also asked why I was old (I'm NOT OLD...I don't know why they even questioned this one). And then he continued that it's too bad that I'm old because once a person turns 30 they are no longer fun. So apparently I'm old and not fun!
But my favorite might be this writing sample I received from one of my students. When asked to write about their favorite person, this wrote the following (see picture below). Now remember, I'm teaching 4th grade...not 1st. I must be the best writing teacher ever! *Note the sarcasm there* Substitute "thing" with "think", "bet" with "beat", and "in" with "is". I also love that I'm his favorite, yet I apparently yell at only at poor him, give 5,000 pages of homework, and think I beat him in basketball.

Fortunately, I have the whole year to teach him how to write. Hopefully by the end of the year, he'll be writing 5 paragraphs like the rest of the 4th graders. I have my work cut out for me!:)
Comments