Skip to main content

Exciting Summer FUN!!!


I can't believe the summer of 2010 has come to end!!! I suppose time flies when you are having a good time. I clearly was busy doing something because I haven't had time to write any blog entries.

Here's a quick update on some of the exciting things I did this summer. (Maybe if I have time, I'll go into more details later....but no promises).

- Mom came to DC for the day. We visited the Crime and Punishment museum and then the temple.

- I went back home with my home. There I spent time at the Pitch and Putt and Driving Range.

-Some friends came up to visit and we went to Philly for the day.

- Hiked OLD RAG and camped out the night before. It was a gorgeous hike.
- Tubed down the Potomac with lots of friends.

- Tutored 5 different students (mostly in Math).

- Taught a week-long Basketball class.

- After work one day, I drove 3 hours so I could be at the airport when my brother got home from his mission. Then I drove 3 hours back the next morning so I could be back at work. (That's true love there!)

- Taught a week-long Math class (and it was fun for both me and the students!)

-Went on a road trip to the beautiful state of R.I. to see a coworker get married. The wedding was beautiful.
Cutest little Diner in RI!


-Stayed and visited a friend in Massachussetts





-On my way back home, I stopped in Jersey for the night. Went to a pitch and putt with the family. Steve and I lost to our parents!!!! Embarrassing!

-Visited 4 cities in Europe
Getting on the train heading to Budapest from Vienna. I'm looking fabulous wearing the same close I was wearing the day I left America about 24 hours earlier.

- Budapest, Hungary
Arriving to Budapest!
On the Pest side with Buda in the background.
LOVED LOVED LOVED the BATHS!!!
Climbed A LOT of steps to get to the top of the church tower but the view was great!
Parliment
Fisherman's Bastian!

- Salzberg, Austria
Mozart's home growing up.
The SOUND OF MUSIC TOUR! This is the back of the house that they used for filming. The lake should look familiar as well.
Helga's Dairy Farm. The breakfast was great and the room interesting.


- Vienna, Austria
The Schonburg Palace
I might have lost my passport and had to get a new one! Thank you US Consulate for saving me!
Shosin. Band that we first saw in Budapest and then again in Vienna.

- Bratislava, Slovakia
Notice the UFO tower in the background.
The statues in this city were great!

- Visited my family in Utah
Hiking the Narrows...if my 2 1/2 year old niece can do it...so can you.
Playing with my niece

Cuddle time with the other niece.

- Hiked Key Hole Slot Canyon with some of the family  

Key Hole Slot Canyon

It's been a fabulous summer! I can't complain at all.

Comments

Karey said…
Great to see you last night! The saddest part of this post is that you made it to Vienna and Bratislava, but not Prague! You'll have to work it in next time!
It sounds like you had a great summer!
Lala said…
Finally! Something to divert me from work. Thanks goodness for new blog material. Very enjoyable; just reading about your summer is making me tired. Second distraction from work: nap. Excellent.

Popular posts from this blog

Kansas City Temple Dedication

I have this fabulous friend that lives in Manhattan, Kansas going to Kansas State University. I have been really wanting to visit her for some time and I finally made it happen! The Kansas City Temple was going to be dedicated the first weekend in May and so what better time for me to come out. Friday Night, we went to a Jamaican restaurant in Manhattan. (Yes, they had one there...not expecting that!) You really felt like you were in Jamaica until you stepped out of the restaurant and realized you were in Manhattan, Kansas. After dinner, we went for a walk in Aggieville. The hang out olace in town. Yes, it was only 3 blocks long. We got ice cream sandwiches from Cold Stone. They were delicious and spent some time at one of the local bars until I got too tired and we decided to call it a night. Saturday Morning, we went walking around her neighborhood. The weather was amazing! Then we headed back to Kansas City for the cultural event. Along the way we...

Bowling League

About three months ago, my roommate decided to put together a bowling league. Even though I'm not a great bowler, I thought it would be fun to join. I bowled really well the first night but it was all downhill from the first evening. Throughout the league, we did have some fun bets going. This picture is the result of one. This is the result of a lost bet! The last night of bowling! The bowling shoes that brought success to most of us (not me) My awesome team!!! The winning team!!!

Trebek

Last Friday, I went and saw Jeopardy being filmed here in DC at the DAR Constitutional Hall. We were there for the Teen Tournament. During the commercial breaks, Alex Trebek would answer questions. I was surprised how genuine he was. He really loves his job. We also saw him make a mistake, which apparently was the first time in a while. They were sure quite what to do because he read the answer in the questions. They ended up stopping the filming and coming up with a new question. What a fun experience!