Skip to main content

Where all your Dreams come True!

So for my Spring Break at the end of March, I went with one of my coworkers to DISNEY WORLD! I'd only been here once with my parents a few years back and we only made it to the Epcot center. So this was really a whole new world for me. It was Disneyland super-sized!

My coworker LOVES Disney World. She goes several times a year. For a while, she's been trying to convince me to go with here. Finally, the opportunity to go was right. And lucky for me, she knew all of the secrets and  how to really have a magical time.

With FOUR parks to explore, we had a lot to discover.

Magic Kingdom,

Hollywood Studios,
Epcot Center,
 and Animal Kingdom
were just awaiting our arrival.

Animal Kingdom may have been my favorite. 
It was here that I met Donald, Goofy, and Minnie Mouse. 

They put on some incredible shows and it was fun to observe animals on the Safari.



We look pretty good for just having gone on a Safari!

We watched a "Going Buggy" inside the Big Tree.
We look like we are "going buggy" wearing the 3-D shades.

Magic Kingdom
At the Magic Kingdom, we met up with a student from school and went on Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and other rides with her family. They then took us to lunch, which was so kind of them.

We also went on Space mountain several times and other fun rides on our own. We watched one of the parades during the evening one night.
 One morning we had breakfast at Crystal Palace and we got to meet the characters from Winnie the Pooh.

EPCOT CENTER
I had been to Epcot with my mom a couple of years previously. It was fun to go back and do some of the things I was unable to do the first time. One of the BEST rides was SOARIN'. It was a flying simulation that took you on a flight over different parts of California.  It even provided you with the scent you would smell if you were there. An AMAZING and a breath-taking experience!

Another fun ride was Test Track. This ride took you through the experience of being in a car going through different safety inspections.


The Epcot is fun because they have several different countries around the world represented. In a reasonable amount of time, you can walk around and feel like you have visited several different countries. We ate lunch in "Canada" one day and they served Chocolate "Moose" for dessert.


We also enjoyed looking at all the fun topiary and flowers.
I LOVE SUNFLOWERS!

One night we watched the firework show, while eating ice cream. With Easter approaching, they had a special Easter Bonnet Sundae. The bonnet tasted DELICIOUS!



Hollywood Studio
My favorite ride in this park was probably the Tower of Terror. I don't know why I liked it so much but it may have been the element of surprise involved in the ride. Another favorite ride was Toy Story, where you competed against your friends and tried to hit different items as you went throughout the ride.

They also had some fun stunt shows. One show featured Indiana Jones' stunt double and taught you some tricks they use when completing stunts. The car show  you how they performed the car stunts in movies.

Another fun activity was participating in a live audience studio for American Idol. There are opportunities each day to audition to be perform like you are on American Idol. As an audience member you get to vote on who was your favorite performer. At the end of the day, all of the winners perform against each other and the winner of the day gets to audition for the next American Idol.

I forgot to get a picture of our hotel. But we were staying in the Pop Century, which feature different decades. We were in the 60's and had a bowling pin shaped pool.

My dreams came true at Disney World and I can't wait to go back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bree's Back and She's Better then Ever!

Bree and I have been friends for a while now. Our friendship began when we were roommates at BYU after meeting our freshmen years (over a decade ago!). She just returned home from serving a mission in Spokane, Washington and it had been a long time since I'd seen her. We've shared some fun times together over the years and I couldn't wait to see her again. * As a side note* I love Bree and think she's amazing. She can sing, play the guitar, piano and drums, and she writes her own songs (even has her own CD). She wrote me a song years ago! She's also amazing at any sports she plays, especially frisbee though. In addition to this, Bree is just so fun to hang out with. So Bree invited me to come up and join her for her first YSA dance after the mission. Since, I love YSA dances ( I actually can't stand them...i really just love Bree), I said I would go. So, after work on Friday, I dressed up and drove 2 hours up to York, PA. This dance had to be one of the most ...

I'm Worth a Grand More and Pounds Less

I did it!!! I went the whole year of 2008 without eating sugar! At the end of last year, my mom challenged anyone in my family to go the year without eating sugar. Now when I say "no sugar", I don't mean nothing. I mean no sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I ate fruits and other items with minimal sugar (for example - Cold cereals with 6 grams or less). I also had 3 days were i could "cheat". So what was my motivating factor? $1,000 and the thrill of a challenge . I'm not one to pass up a challenge or a dare. My mom offered to pay $1,000 to anyone that completed the challenge. Though most people thought I was crazy, I wanted to prove I could do it. During the first couple of months it was really hard to give up the enticing sweets and goodies offered to me on a daily basis. My dreams even began to manifest my desire to eat candy, as I was sneaking bites of candy and licks of lollipops all night. I'd wake up thinking I'd ruined the deal but then the rea...

Kansas City Temple Dedication

I have this fabulous friend that lives in Manhattan, Kansas going to Kansas State University. I have been really wanting to visit her for some time and I finally made it happen! The Kansas City Temple was going to be dedicated the first weekend in May and so what better time for me to come out. Friday Night, we went to a Jamaican restaurant in Manhattan. (Yes, they had one there...not expecting that!) You really felt like you were in Jamaica until you stepped out of the restaurant and realized you were in Manhattan, Kansas. After dinner, we went for a walk in Aggieville. The hang out olace in town. Yes, it was only 3 blocks long. We got ice cream sandwiches from Cold Stone. They were delicious and spent some time at one of the local bars until I got too tired and we decided to call it a night. Saturday Morning, we went walking around her neighborhood. The weather was amazing! Then we headed back to Kansas City for the cultural event. Along the way we...