So this weekend, my roommate and some of her friends created an "Amazing Race" type of scavenger hunt throughout DC. Because John Adams doesn't have a memorial dedicated to him, this race was in honor of him.
Team Awesome came to the John Adams Memorial Foot Race to win and that's exactly what we did. None of us knew quite what we were in for but we ready to win it.
Our first clue had us go to the "oldest building" in DC, which is the Old Stone house in Georgetown. We then had to go to Washington Circle, DARS Constitutional building, John Paul Jones statute by the tidal basin, the White House, XYZ studio, Winston Churchill statue on Embassy Row, Postal Museum and more. After using clues to figure out each location, we then had had a task to accomplish at each location such as a crossword puzzle, taking a picture, getting a business card, etc.
We aren't sure how many miles we walked/ran, but I'm sure it's around 10 miles. I know I was exhausted by the end of the day. We won though, which made the sacrifices worth it. I even sacrificed my phone and had to get a new one later that day.
We now are proud owners of a trophy and a gift certificate to a restaurant in DC. We immediately used the gift certificate since we hadn't eaten since about 9 am and it was now 3 pm. Good Stuff Eatery was the restaurant. They make a really good burger or else I was just really hungry!
Team Awesome came to the John Adams Memorial Foot Race to win and that's exactly what we did. None of us knew quite what we were in for but we ready to win it.
Excitement level is high.
Spelling the word NAVY at one of the locations.
We got tired as the day progressed.
We aren't sure how many miles we walked/ran, but I'm sure it's around 10 miles. I know I was exhausted by the end of the day. We won though, which made the sacrifices worth it. I even sacrificed my phone and had to get a new one later that day.
We now are proud owners of a trophy and a gift certificate to a restaurant in DC. We immediately used the gift certificate since we hadn't eaten since about 9 am and it was now 3 pm. Good Stuff Eatery was the restaurant. They make a really good burger or else I was just really hungry!
Comments