My Thanksgiving this year was pretty AMAZING! I love my family and I love that I got to spend time with them. It wasn't the typical Thanksgiving. We did have the typical Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pie, rolls, etc.) BUT usually we spend the day playing soccer or football and this year the kids in the family decided to go for an adventure in ZIONS.
SO I fly into Las Vegas and arrived around 11:00 pm (which is 2 am EST). We still had a 2+ hour car ride home. So i didn't get into bed until 3 am (5 am EST). SO after 4 short hours of sleep, I woke up to go hike SPRY canyon with my brothers. It was totally worth no sleep. It was a beautiful day and the hike was incredible. There were 12 rappels, which added to the challenge of the 4 mile hike.
It took us 8 hours to navigate the slot canyon and we encountered many cliffs and other obstacles like freezing cold water! Thankfully the sun was out to warm us up after the freezing water. And the thrill of hanging off a cliff and seeing the majesty of the surrounding red rocks is indescribable. I wish everyone could see and experience this beautiful part of the world.
At the end of the hike, we were glad to come home to Thanksgiving dinner. My mom did an fabulous job cooking it (as she always does!).
Other highlights of the trip were seeing and playing with my cute nieces. The BYU game was exciting and nerve-racking and of course BYU had to get my heart rate up and make me think we might lose the game. But in the end they won it for me! It was a short trip but packed with lots of great adventure.
Comments