All day Friday, excitement was everywhere. The holiday party at school, the upcoming break from work, and the potential snow storm filled the air. Doubt is common when forecasters predict snow. This time the forecasters had instilled enough fear, that by 4 pm the grocery store had been stripped of milk and other necessities.
When going to leave a party at 10:30 pm that evening, I noticed the snow had already started falling even earlier than predicted. Needless to say, this snowfall caused the 45 minute drive home to become 2 hours. I felt grateful to make it home safely.
Once the snow started, there was no stopping it. It continued all night Friday and all day Saturday! It was a beautiful sight to have snow hide the impurities of the world.
Some friends managed to make it over to play on Saturday. Since we didn't have a sled, we scoured the basement for a make-shift sled. We decided to try the hippo baby pool. The results were fantastic!




It worked really well and provided us with some great entertainment! We also made snowmen, snow angels, drank hot chocolate, played Taboo, ate lots of food, played the wii, and enjoyed being together.




Though snow is fabulously fun and absolutely breath-taking, it's not so magnificent to shovel and drive in. With the snow up to my knees, digging my car out was a chore. I should take a picture now (even days later) my car is trapped in but I have created a path for it to get in and out.
The worst part of this snow storm, School was canceled for the week. Normally I'd be jumping up and down for joy but our precious 3 snow days were wasted on the easiest week of the year. And since I'm flying to be with my family, I still have to wait to fly out, leaving me with three day of searching for productive activities to do with my life. I'd much rather just be with my family already! The forecasters were correct, the snow REALLY came, school was canceled, and Christmas is almost here!
*These are just two quick pictures of other fun things I've been up to.
Cheering the guys on while they play FOOTBALL!
Newseum - Berlin Wall
*Newseum is a great new museum in DC. I now feel like I've lived through 911. There are tons of exciting exhibits and I can't wait to go back again.
When going to leave a party at 10:30 pm that evening, I noticed the snow had already started falling even earlier than predicted. Needless to say, this snowfall caused the 45 minute drive home to become 2 hours. I felt grateful to make it home safely.
Once the snow started, there was no stopping it. It continued all night Friday and all day Saturday! It was a beautiful sight to have snow hide the impurities of the world.
Some friends managed to make it over to play on Saturday. Since we didn't have a sled, we scoured the basement for a make-shift sled. We decided to try the hippo baby pool. The results were fantastic!
It worked really well and provided us with some great entertainment! We also made snowmen, snow angels, drank hot chocolate, played Taboo, ate lots of food, played the wii, and enjoyed being together.
Though snow is fabulously fun and absolutely breath-taking, it's not so magnificent to shovel and drive in. With the snow up to my knees, digging my car out was a chore. I should take a picture now (even days later) my car is trapped in but I have created a path for it to get in and out.
The worst part of this snow storm, School was canceled for the week. Normally I'd be jumping up and down for joy but our precious 3 snow days were wasted on the easiest week of the year. And since I'm flying to be with my family, I still have to wait to fly out, leaving me with three day of searching for productive activities to do with my life. I'd much rather just be with my family already! The forecasters were correct, the snow REALLY came, school was canceled, and Christmas is almost here!
*These are just two quick pictures of other fun things I've been up to.
*Newseum is a great new museum in DC. I now feel like I've lived through 911. There are tons of exciting exhibits and I can't wait to go back again.
Comments