Two of my coolest cousins and I have been talking about going on a "cousin cruise" for a couple years now and FINALLY we did it! I found this LDS singles cruise group on Facebook and a cruise during the right weekend and for the right price so off we went.
After an hour of sleep because I was unpacking and packing from the previous adventure, I got on a 6 am flight to Miami with my roommate. When we made it to the Royal Caribbean Cruise boat, my cousins were waiting for me. We spent Monday night, chillin', eating, and meeting the other LDS singles on the cruise. Being that I hadn't slept much the night before, I was pretty tired and not so coherent. I decided it was in my best interest to just go to bed early, since we'd be getting up early to go scuba diving.
Tuesday Morning, I woke up and though I had gotten a lot of sleep, I was unfortunately sick with a cold! This was a big bummer because it meant that I couldn't go on the two dives that my cousins and I were planning on going on. After breakfast, my cousins left with out me, and I went back to my room and got some more sleep.
I was awaken by a phone call from two of the guys we'd met the night before and they wanted my roommate and I to come explore Nassau with them. So I jumped out of bed and the fun began.
We walked around and found cool street paintings like the one below.


After shopping for a bit, we went back to the boat and had some lunch and decided to play in the pool for a bit. I met up with my cousins, who were back from scuba diving and I was SO sad I missed diving. They saw 12 reef shark on their second dive. Let's just say I was jealous and mad I had a cold.
After some fun pool time, we got ready for dinner and had a feast!

After dinner, we changed into more comfortable clothes. On our bed we found our first towel animal...a cute dog.

Wednesday, we arrived at Coco Cay, a private island, owned by Royal Caribbean. This island was the PERFECT place to relax and enjoy life.

It was infested with Jelly fish...they were EVERYWHERE. This added an extra challenge to snorkeling as it was like a maze trying to avoid getting stung by a jelly fish.
After an hour of sleep because I was unpacking and packing from the previous adventure, I got on a 6 am flight to Miami with my roommate. When we made it to the Royal Caribbean Cruise boat, my cousins were waiting for me. We spent Monday night, chillin', eating, and meeting the other LDS singles on the cruise. Being that I hadn't slept much the night before, I was pretty tired and not so coherent. I decided it was in my best interest to just go to bed early, since we'd be getting up early to go scuba diving.
Tuesday Morning, I woke up and though I had gotten a lot of sleep, I was unfortunately sick with a cold! This was a big bummer because it meant that I couldn't go on the two dives that my cousins and I were planning on going on. After breakfast, my cousins left with out me, and I went back to my room and got some more sleep.
I was awaken by a phone call from two of the guys we'd met the night before and they wanted my roommate and I to come explore Nassau with them. So I jumped out of bed and the fun began.
We walked around and found cool street paintings like the one below.
We also did some fun shopping. There were lots of stores and a big flea market. Native accosted me, trying to convince me that I needed my hair braided. They'd tell me that I could get the Sexy Women discount...it didn't work though.
We found a pirate museum with a scary pirate that made lots of inappropriate jokes. And he seriously attacked you when you posed for your picture. Whether you wanted him to or not.
We found a pirate museum with a scary pirate that made lots of inappropriate jokes. And he seriously attacked you when you posed for your picture. Whether you wanted him to or not.
After some fun pool time, we got ready for dinner and had a feast!
After dinner, we changed into more comfortable clothes. On our bed we found our first towel animal...a cute dog.
Wednesday, we arrived at Coco Cay, a private island, owned by Royal Caribbean. This island was the PERFECT place to relax and enjoy life.
It was infested with Jelly fish...they were EVERYWHERE. This added an extra challenge to snorkeling as it was like a maze trying to avoid getting stung by a jelly fish.
We did see a cool stingray. And I found a lone star fish.


These floating mats were most enjoyable. It was hard to leave the island and get back on the boat.

Dinners were always fun and delicious. But tonight we wanted to watch the sunset so we ate quickly and hurried to the "aft" of the boat.




The sunset was beautiful!

Thursday was one adventure-filled day. We rented scooters and explored Key West, Florida.

We found the southern most point in the USA,


a beautiful beach,

an excellent Cuban restaurant,

and a place to go Jet-skiing!

Don't worry, I only threw her off 3 times while she was riding on the back.

After dinner, we decided to party because it was our last night on the boat.

We went to the 80's Dance Party and of course they asked me to be Madonna, which I gladly accepted. It was fun lip-singing, "Step into the groove, where you got to prove your love to me." While lip-singing these men danced all around me. I think I was suppose to be a performer and I missed my calling in life.

After the 80's dance tribute, we went back to the room and hung out. We order room service which was highly entertaining. "We like our cows skinny!" Who tells that to the person taking the order. Not surprisingly, the got the order completely wrong and we had to call again.
Sadly, the cruise had to come to an end. We stayed up way to late and I had an early flight to catch. So I headed to bed to get a few hours of sleep before flying to Utah for so more fun at Zion's National Park.
What a sad feeling it was to wake up in Miami and know you were getting off the boat FOREVER. The memories and the good times will last forever. I can't wait for the next cousin vacation!
These floating mats were most enjoyable. It was hard to leave the island and get back on the boat.
Dinners were always fun and delicious. But tonight we wanted to watch the sunset so we ate quickly and hurried to the "aft" of the boat.
The sunset was beautiful!
Thursday was one adventure-filled day. We rented scooters and explored Key West, Florida.
We found the southern most point in the USA,
a beautiful beach,
an excellent Cuban restaurant,
and a place to go Jet-skiing!
Don't worry, I only threw her off 3 times while she was riding on the back.
After dinner, we decided to party because it was our last night on the boat.
We went to the 80's Dance Party and of course they asked me to be Madonna, which I gladly accepted. It was fun lip-singing, "Step into the groove, where you got to prove your love to me." While lip-singing these men danced all around me. I think I was suppose to be a performer and I missed my calling in life.
After the 80's dance tribute, we went back to the room and hung out. We order room service which was highly entertaining. "We like our cows skinny!" Who tells that to the person taking the order. Not surprisingly, the got the order completely wrong and we had to call again.
Sadly, the cruise had to come to an end. We stayed up way to late and I had an early flight to catch. So I headed to bed to get a few hours of sleep before flying to Utah for so more fun at Zion's National Park.
What a sad feeling it was to wake up in Miami and know you were getting off the boat FOREVER. The memories and the good times will last forever. I can't wait for the next cousin vacation!
Comments