Some friends invited me to go down to Virginia Beach to go fishing and camping. Since my summer schedule is so busy (i'm only working 3 hours a week), I couldn't say no.
The drive down was eventful as we missed our turn off and went the scenic route. The good news was that we got to drive through some really great towns in Virginia like Ivor. Until this trip, I didn't even know Ivor, VA existed. Now I think I might want to move there (Please note the sarcasm). We also got to drive through downtown Suffolk.
When we finally arrived to our campsite around midnight, we set up tents so we could sleep for a couple hours before getting up to go fishing. Unfortunately, our neighbors were having too much fun and were super loud, making it hard to sleep. 4:45 am came too quickly!
On the boat, the waves were rough and choppy causing some to get sick. The view was beautiful though.
The drive down was eventful as we missed our turn off and went the scenic route. The good news was that we got to drive through some really great towns in Virginia like Ivor. Until this trip, I didn't even know Ivor, VA existed. Now I think I might want to move there (Please note the sarcasm). We also got to drive through downtown Suffolk.
When we finally arrived to our campsite around midnight, we set up tents so we could sleep for a couple hours before getting up to go fishing. Unfortunately, our neighbors were having too much fun and were super loud, making it hard to sleep. 4:45 am came too quickly!
On the boat, the waves were rough and choppy causing some to get sick. The view was beautiful though.
As you can tell from the pictures, I was having fun. This yellow-finned tuna was a fighter. There was a time when I didn't know if I was going to be able to reel the fish in....


...but I did! There he is.
I also fell in love with the first mate, Mikey! Too bad he lives all the way in Virginia Beach.

Everyone on the boat caught some fish and even a shark. Both of tunas I caught are missing from the picture but I did caught two. I caught a blue fin tuna that we had to let back into the ocean and the yellow fin tuna they cleaned on the boat so it was already chopped up.
The next morning, we woke up and the guys made breakfast! It was so delicious, too. Bacon, eggs with cheese, peppers, and onions. After breakfast we went on a nice hike around a swamp. We then went to the beach for a couple of minutes before heading home.
Comments