Almost a year ago one of my students was getting ready to move to Australia. She had a beloved Black Bear Hamster named Bubbles. All she ever wrote about was her hamster, so this was an honor.
Bubbles became Ms. Marsh's class pet. Students would come and visit Bubbles daily. Everyone (well almost everyone) loved Bubbles.
Bubbles was a mischievous hamster. Her first week at school she manage to get out of her ball and loose in the classroom. We found her hiding in the air conditioning vent. We had to lure her out with food.
Recently, I notice that Bubbles wasn't getting as excited about coming and getting her food when I'd feed her. Then when the children were playing with her after school one day, they put her in the ball to roll around. I notice that she wasn't moving and instead was lying on her back. I knew something was wrong. When the girl playing with her eyes started wailing with tears, I tried to play it off like she was tired. But sure enough she was dead.
I put her in a nice Ziplock Bag box and buried her in my backyard. When I told the students the next day, they were very sad. I received several poems, stories and notes. They are hilarious and need to be shared. I've included a video of two students reciting a poem they wrote.
Bubbles became Ms. Marsh's class pet. Students would come and visit Bubbles daily. Everyone (well almost everyone) loved Bubbles.
Bubbles was a mischievous hamster. Her first week at school she manage to get out of her ball and loose in the classroom. We found her hiding in the air conditioning vent. We had to lure her out with food.
Recently, I notice that Bubbles wasn't getting as excited about coming and getting her food when I'd feed her. Then when the children were playing with her after school one day, they put her in the ball to roll around. I notice that she wasn't moving and instead was lying on her back. I knew something was wrong. When the girl playing with her eyes started wailing with tears, I tried to play it off like she was tired. But sure enough she was dead.
I put her in a nice Ziplock Bag box and buried her in my backyard. When I told the students the next day, they were very sad. I received several poems, stories and notes. They are hilarious and need to be shared. I've included a video of two students reciting a poem they wrote.
Comments